1.17.2006

low key

Well, I didn't get the book done on Friday, but I am still plugging away at it. Who knew you should include so many pages in a baby book? It's hard to remember all the little things to add in, especially since I have not recently (or ever) had any children. I took a few clues from Bug's baby book, (my own is at home in KY) and a few stealth trips (ok, two) to the baby section at Walmart to see just what publishers included in the must have information for today's baby books.

I got some beautiful blue/peach silk noile fabric for the covers, and a soft butter silk for the photo frame on the front cover. Bug helped me make a twisted cord from embroidery floss, and we got some cute pink chiffon ribbon for the faux binding.
At least if there's not enough content on the inside to keep them busy, the parents will be distracted by the pretty cover enough to think it's extra special. :)

Today is a special day. Bug and I have been together 7 years today. It doesn't seem that long, but then again, time never seems to stand still anymore like it did when I was a kid. We are going to Portland to celebrate on Thursday, and she even promised that I could go to all the yarn and fabric shops I wanted. How sweet, you say.... but remember, she didn't say I could BUY all the yarn and fabric I wanted... Big difference there. :)

To honor this special day I am cooking a big dinner. Sirloin tip roast (the roast beast), herbed potatoes, ginger carrots, and steamed broccoli is on the menu for tonight and the roast (7.5 lbs!) is cooking as I blog. She is in charge of buying rolls and something yummy to drink on the way home. Hopefully it will be done by the time she gets here. I hate having to wait all night for dinner, especially tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zabet said...

Yay! Happy Bugaversary!!!!!

*hugs you both really hard, til things start to pop and crackle*

(urrptptp - sounds like a burp, not a word verification...)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Thanks so very much. It's been an interesting seven years, to say the least, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

(mine is fpiuusgx - wtf?)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home