12.13.2005

Thanks Alison!

Alison of the blue blog mentioned me today in one of her posts.

I am slowly working through my list of handknitted gifts, but when I heard that she would be giving some prizes to those who had finished all their holiday knitting, I wanted to help. So I put down my knitting (GASP!) and made some cute and nifty stitch markers. I had been itching to make some for a while and now seemed like the perfect tiem to start. Plus, it helped me bust out some of my bead stash that had been sitting idle for far too long.

There are still about 25 markers here on my desk that are one of a kinds. Maybe I will put them up on the blog a little later and see if I can find a home for them. What do you think?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Raellyn,
I've been wanting to try making stitch markers myself but I'm not sure what you use for the rings? I've looked at michaels but can't seem to find anything that looks right. Can you help me out?
Kelly

2:30 PM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

For mine, I just used a straight piece of wire and bent a small circle at the bottom to keep the beads from sliding off. Then I placed the beads on and wrapped the wire around a size 10 metal knitting needle to make the ring at the top. I finished by wrapping the wire around itself above the top bead, but below the ring I had made and clipped it neatly so it wouldn't snag.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohh fabulous i'll give it a go. Your markers are fab by the way!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Thanks!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the postcard! I received it a few days ago but i've been too busy to thank you. for my stitch markers, i use split rings. :)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home