12.08.2005

hello again...

Sorry for the interruption, but we're finally back online after being subjected to some of the worst customer service I have ever witnessed.

Bug ordered DSL from the phone company and it was all downhill from there, whether we wanted to go or not. I have never seen anything like it. Well, that, and at last count, three ISP's later, we are online with a vengeance. YAY!

However, now that we're at light speed (at least it seems that way), I'm afraid that the processor in our trusty little Stella is not fast enough to keep up. At least whenever I try to run Firefox, it stalls on me and I have to quit the whole program and restart it.

Bah, enough of our computer speedbumps, it's just good to be back!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zabet said...

I've noticed that Firefox takes an unusually long time to load (15-30 seconds instead of the usual 5-10 or so), and at first I kept Force Quitting it and restarting (it would start quickly then). Then I tried just leaving it alone and it started fine by itself, just a little slow. Does it totally stall out on you, or is it just not starting as fast as you think it should? Start it up and leave it alone for a minute, see what it does.

PS- glad you're back online!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Nope, it actually stalls while I am using it.
Mostly when I have opened a new tab and then I try to select a dropdown menu from my bookmarks bar. The white box for the bookmarks will appear, but then it shows the rainbow spinner (little cursor) like it is working, and it never goes away. I let it sit for about 10 minutes the other day while I went downstairs to fix lunch, and when I came back...it was still going!
Sadly, Firefox makes me afraid to use it because of that little glitch.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Perhaps it could be because we are still running OS X 10.2.1 ? Do we need an upgrade?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Zabet said...

*laugh*

Upgrades are always good!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home