1.25.2006

Wowee!


I just got my first package from my Secret Pal, and I must say, I think she outdid herself!
From the purple theme throughout, to the obvious care that went into selecting these items just for me, I truly have a caring and generous Secret Pal.

This package was filled up with great goodies and even had decorations in the box! That so rocks!

I love the huge decal that says "Rock is Dead! Long live paper and scissors!". This has so many meanings for me... It found a home immediately on my bookbinding kit.

The cute knitting notecards found a place of honor on top of my stationery box and the decadent White Chocolate Hazelnut bath salts went to live right next to the tub. I can't wait to try these out!

The Sweet Almond cuticle cream smells so good, I think it is going to travel with me everywhere. It is like crack! I keep opening it just to smell it...it's that good! I may have to carve out some personal time for pampering this afternoon while Bug is gone to a meeting.

And then, there was the yarn... Not just any yarn, but Koigu. This is truly a yarn fit for a queen in an amazing colorway that includes spikes of bright royal purples and golds, highlighted amid warm chocolate and walnut browns, burgundies and maroons lightened by pale lavenders and pinks. The photo cannot describe this yarn accurately at all. Ahhh, let me breathe it in and caress it against my cheek. This has got to be nirvana... *large sigh of bliss* Just the soft sproingy texture of this yarn is so lush and luxurious... now I just have to find a sock pattern worthy of such magnificence.

Thank you, Secret Pal... thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!! You made me feel like a knitting queen!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad you got the loot and that you like everything. I'm getting another one of those decals for my car...you don't know how many times I had to make myself put it back in the box. haha
That cuticle cream is made by a little old lady in Oklahoma. I met her at a retreat and now I'm addicted to that stuff. I'll get you the hookup when you run out.
<3 Your Secret Pal

11:58 PM  
Blogger Zabet said...

oooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

Also, I found these that you can make for Bug:
http://www.theknitter.com/gensym-1550.html

10:13 AM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Addiction does not even come close for this stuff! I'm wondering how I ever lived without it before... I'll appreciate the info on your dealer, um I mean, nice lady from Oklahoma who makes that wonderful stuff.

:)

Thanks, Secret Pal!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Those moose are so cute! I'll definitely have to see about making Bug some moose socks now. She saw the picture and flipped out. Hmmm, I wonder what I can get out of this deal? ;)

*hugs*
Rae

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home