2.15.2006

More Birthday Goodness!

Monday I got to talk to Zabet. It was so wonderful to just talk to her again and before I knew it, almost two hours had flown by. We chatted about so many things! Our upcoming trip to San Francisco (watch out yarn stores!), family, her interview on CraftSanity, and the birthday goodness that was the past few days. The best part was when I got to tell her just how awesome her birthday gift was!

I had just received two birthday packages in the mail, one from Zab and the other from my uber-sweet and awesome Secret Pal (I just want to squish her with hugs, she's so great!)



This super pink package is from my Secret Pal and was filled with two skeins of what appears to be the most beautiful hand dyed bulky wool single ply yarn I have ever seen and packages of strawberry flavored Pocky, which I absolutely adore. The card was especially endearing because it shows some older ladies really whooping it up, and I kid you not, the woman in the purple reminds me so much of my Mamaw when she was younger, it could be her twin! Thank you for an awesome birthday gift! The gift was so thoughtful, but the card just put it over the top. Oh Secret Pal, you are so intuitive... however do you do it? (I still want to squish you with hugs!)

The package from Zabet revealed its contents as the most adorable needle felted Venus of Willendorf EVAH! I was blown away by the care and attention to detail she lavished on this project, and then to decide that it would make its home with me... well, I was just so honored that she would choose me to take care of such a special, sacred object like this. Thank you so much my wonderful friend!

My favorite details? The cute little buttocks and its teeny little bellybutton! I just want to cuddle it; it's so cute!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn is from handpaintedyarn.com and it just went so well with the pocky and the box it jumped right in there! haha I'm glad you liked the card. I want to be an old lady like that in about 40 years.
The Venus's tushie is so cute I just want to pat it! :)

<3 SP

5:53 PM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

That yarn rocks so much!
I have already wound it into balls and keep petting it, hoping it will tell me what it wants me to to make from it. I think it wants to be a scarf, but I just can't decide on a pattern yet. I may have to search through some stitch patterns to find something that will show off the yarn really well.
Thanks so much for an awesome birthday gift!

Hee hee... that's the first thing I did when I saw her cute little rear! *blush*

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh Try the "my so called scarf" pattern. That always works great with varigated yarns.

http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com/archives/000079.html

Thanks for the thank you card, but hey! I'm supposed to be sending YOU stuff. haha

<3SP

8:55 AM  
Blogger Raellyn said...

Hey, everyone needs to know that they're appreciated once in while! I'll save up my thanks until the end then.... ;)

<3 you, Secret Pal!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my package from a dear Kentucky soul... I was so excited and I love it all! My fave is the Kentucky art sticker (I went to UK) and the yarn. I have a business trip next week and can't wait to take some of my goodies with me to keep my hands busy on the flight. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home